Calling all of the members of the official Clean Plates Club... I definitely just made that up 😅
This week has been a WEEK, and the last thing that I feel like doing is being extra fancy in the kitchen, or washing a ton of dishes this weekend. I turned to my Skillet Ham & Cheddar Frittata to start my day off today! It’s ridiculously easy because you literally throw everything in a skillet and bake it in the oven.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped sage
3/4 cups chopped cooked ham or bacon (2-3 slices of ham or 4-6 slices of bacon)
1/4 cup milk or cream
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (I used a blend of cheddar and white cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place a medium skillet onto the stove over medium heat. Add in olive oil and add in the onions, garlic, and sage. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the onions begin to look translucent.
3. Add in cooked ham or bacon, then remove the pan from heat.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk or cream, salt, and pepper.
5. Pour eggs into the skillet and slightly mix the ingredients together.
6. Top with cheese and place into the oven.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center of the frittata is firm and the top is golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and slice into 2-4 pieces.