We’re rolling in fresh with this LOADED Sage MAC! I’m showing you how to upgrade your MAC GAME with a few extra flavor bombs, that are completely untraditional to the OG Mac game.
1 lb. elbow macaroni noodles, cooked
4 slices bacon, cooked
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated white cheddar + more for topping
1 cup grated parmesan, grated
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped sage
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large pan, add in the butter, and melt.
3. Whisk in flour and cook until it resembles a golden color.
4. Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer.
5. Slowly stir in the cheese and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the sauce is smooth. Season with Kosher salt and pepper.
6. Place the mac and cheese into a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, chopped sage, and additional shredded cheese.
7. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and dig in. (Don’t burn your mouth, as I did!)