LET’S EAT SOME PIE BABY!!
The countdown to (this super weird and uneventful) Thanksgiving is starting now! For the next five days, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite recipes for my favorite holiday. BUT WAIT!! All of the recipes are created to serve 2-4 people.
To kick things off, I’m showing y’all how to make my Double B Sweet Potato Pie. I’ve tested the recipe a few times to get it PERFECT for a mini-sized version.
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup milk
(1) 9-inch pie crust (I used a pre-made one)
6-8 jumbo marshmallows or 1/2 cup marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Boil sweet potatoes, until fork tender
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter, and add vanilla extract and spices.
4. In a stand mixer, add in cooked sweet potatoes and mash. Add in the butter and spices, and continue to mix.
5. Add in the milk, egg, and continue to mix.
6. Place the pie dish or baking dish on top of the pie crust and trace an additional 2-inches over. Place the dough into the pie dish, create a crust pattern, poke fork holes in the bottom of the crust, then place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Fill the pie crust with the sweet potato filling and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar. Place in the microwave for 15 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
9. Add in the marshmallows and toss them together.
10. Place marshmallows on top of the baked pie and place under a broiler for 1-2 minutes.
11. Allow the pie to cool for at least 1 hour, prior to slicing into it.