NOW YALL KNEW THAT I HAD TO GIVE YALL ALL OF THE CHEESE🧀!! With that being said, I’m showing yall how to make the most perfect and flavorful, yet super lazy Cheesy Potato Gratin!
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1/2 lb. frozen diced potatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, plus more for topping
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place a large pan onto the stove, over medium heat. Add in butter.
3. Add in the chopped onions and cook for 5-8 minutes.
4. Stir in flour and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the flour develops a tan color.
5. Stir in the milk and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Add in the shredded cheese and stir until completely melted. Then, stir in the frozen potatoes.
7. Place the potato mixture into a greased baking dish and top with additional shredded cheese.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly around the corners.